How long can you expect your new roof to last? The average life of an asphalt shingle roof depends on a variety of factors. Generally a new roof can last as long as 30 years, but it must be installed and maintained properly.
Average Asphalt Shingle Roof Lifespan Factors
Here are several things to consider when gauging how long your new asphalt shingle roof will last:
1) Materials. The quality of the materials used to build the roof definitely matters. Low quality shingles may last only for 15-20 years, while a higher quality brand of shingles can last for 25-30 years. The higher quality shingles may cost more, but are worth it in the long run.
2) Installation. If new shingles are installed properly, it can extend the lifespan of a roof. You should have proven professionals getting the job done. If shingles aren’t installed correctly, it can cause premature wear and tear.
3) Climate. If the region you live in experiences frequent heavy storms, large amounts of snow, or high winds, this can reduce the lifespan of your roof. It’s important to ensure that you have high quality shingles and that they are installed properly.
4) Maintenance. If you are regularly maintaining your roof and performing any repairs when needed, it can help extend the roof’s lifespan. Checking frequently for problems can help prevent damage from escalating.
5) Ventilation and Insulation. If you keep your attic properly ventilated, it can help keep your roof in good condition. Ventilation regulates temperature and moisture, which can prevent premature aging and damage.
If you have it installed and maintained properly, and if you follow the necessary maintenance steps, the average life of an asphalt shingle roof can be as long as 30 years. But remember, it’s important to have proven professionals install the roof properly, and with high quality materials.
Are you a Roswell area home or business owner in need of a new roof? Reach out to the professionals at TrustMark Roofing! We can install a high quality new roof that will add value to your property and last for years to come…click here today to request an estimate and get started!
Check our Facebook page to see recently completed projects and the difference we can make for you!